Science & Technology Australia in partnership with the Australian Academy of Science (AAS) and the ARC Centre of Excellence for Engineered Quantum Systems (EQuS) is excited to offer two scholarships to STEM practitioners with an Indigenous background to attend Science meets Parliament in Canberra on 13-14 February 2018.
Science meets Parliament brings around 200 Australian scientists and technologists to Canberra for professional development, networking, and to meet face-to-face with MPs and Senators. Now in its 19th year, Science meets Parliament is a highlight of the annual parliamentary calendar and has enhanced mutual understanding between parliamentarians and scientists as well as fostering enduring partnerships and collaborations.
We are offering two SmP Indigenous Scholarships that will cover travel, accommodation, meals and transfers, as well as full registration for the event including the gala dinner in the Great Hall at Parliament House. Financial assistance for childcare is also available upon application.
To apply, please send us one-page stating:
- Your name, position and the area of science or technology in which you work
- Your employer or program and geographic location
- A statement declaring your Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander heritage
- Why do you want to attend Science meets Parliament?
- How do you hope this opportunity will contribute to your future in science or technology?
- In your opinion, what are the three biggest issues in Australian research?
- Who do you hope to meet at Science meets Parliament?
Please also include a short statement from your employer or program manager confirming their support for your application and outlining how your attendance at Science meets Parliament will benefit your work.
Applications are open now and can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before midnight, Sunday 14 January. Finalists will be contacted for a brief phone interview before the successful applicants are notified no later than Friday 19 January 2017.
For more information please click here