NIRAKN’s Advisory Committee provides strategic advice to the Director and the Management Committee about the operation of the network and priorities for research.
- Ms Angela Barney-Leitch (Chair)
- Aunty Valda Coolwell (Esteemed Community Elder)
- Aunty Joy Murphy-Wandin (Esteemed Community Elder)
- Ms Henrietta Fourmile
- Mr Russell Taylor
- Professor Peter Buckskin
- Associate Professor Yvette Roe
- Associate Professor Terry Dunbar
- Ms Samantha Faulkner
The Advisory Committee meets at least once annually. The group performs a range of functions including:
- Providing advice and input on strategic issues raised in the context of the strategic management plan;
- Providing a mechanism to ensure that NIRAKN is attuned to professional and community trends by acting as a strategic scanning mechanism and assisting the Management Committee in identifying needs, priorities and opportunities in research;
- Providing invaluable networking opportunities to benefit NIRAKN through the establishment and maintenance of a strong professional and industry connections;
- Providing an advocacy group to assist NIRAKN in its engagement activities;
- Planning and actively promoting NIRAKN’s presence and activities.